|Not the prettiest picture, but it tastes great!|
Filling (adapted from this site)
1/4 c. light miso (if you use a dark miso, just know the color will be darker)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup tahini
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
4 -5 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (fresh)
1.5 packages firm tofu (ideally pressed and drained, at the least blotted with a towel)
1 block of vegan mozzarella, shredded
Basil and oregano to taste (3-5 tablespoons dried, more if fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until incorporated. OR Combine miso, water, tahini, nutritional yeast, oil and lemon juice. Blend until smooth with a whisk or blender. Add 3/4 of the shredded mozzarella and remaining ingredients. Mix well and for a chunkier filling mix it with a fork.
2. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with a small amount of sauce. Top with a layer of Oven Ready Rice lasagna noodles (uncooked). Add 1/3 of cheese mixture and repeat - sauce, noodles, cheese. Be sure noodles are completely covered.
3. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella.
4. Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
*One box of noodles provides enough for two noodle layers. If you like tall lasagna I suggest getting two boxes of noodles.
* This filling recipe provides enough for about 2 thin layers. It may not seem like a lot of filling when you assemble the lasagna, but it is very rich so a little goes a long way. Still, if you plan to have more than 2 layers, make more filling.